Terms and Conditions
BY RENTING ANY GARMENT FROM 808 THREADS YOU AGREE TO ALL OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Hire Fee – The fee to be paid by the RENTER to 808 THREADS to secure the garment for their desired date.
Bond – The fee to be paid by the RENTER to 808 THREADS and is held by 808 THREADS while the garment is in the RENTER’S possession. The fee covers any damages to the garment (see Clause 2 & 3), late fees, and additional dry-cleaning charges incurred by 808 THREADS.
Garment – Any item of clothing owned by 808 THREADS.
RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- To book any hire with 808 THREADS the RENTER must pay the disclosed hire fee. 808 THREADS will not hold any garments for customers without payment of the hire fee. The bond is payable to 808 THREADS when booking a garment online or on pick-up of the garment in-store. The value of the hire fee and bond is determined by 808 THREADS based on the recommended retail price (RRP) of the garment and will be disclosed to the RENTER. 808 THREADS accepts payment from all major credit cards online or with cash or credit card in-store.
- It is the RENTER’S responsibility to ensure that the garment is kept in the same condition in which it was given to them. If the garment is damaged (e.g. torn (major or minor), broken zips, missing hooks/eyes, stained etc.) while in the possession of the RENTER, 808 THREADS has the discretion to withhold all, or a portion of, the bond paid by the RENTER. 808 THREADS understands that normal wear and tear of the garments will occur over time, so it is within the discretion of 808 THREADS’ staff to determine if minor damage is acceptable.
- If any garment is damaged beyond repair as determined by 808 THREADS while in the possession of the RENTER, the bond paid by the RENTER will be withheld and the RENTER shall be held liable to reimburse 808 THREADS for the remainder of the recommended retail price (RRP) of the garment.
- If the RENTER identifies any damage prior to wearing the garment (examples as in Clause 2) they should contact 808 THREADS immediately to resolve the issue. If the RENTER fails to notify 808 THREADS of any such damage prior to wearing the garment, the RENTER will be held liable and 808 THREADS has the discretion to withhold all, or a portion of, the bond paid by the RENTER.
- The RENTER shall not launder the hired garment. It is 808 THREADS’ responsibility to launder all garments that have been hired. If the RENTER does launder the garment (in any capacity) 808 THREADS reserves the right to withhold all, or a portion of, the bond from the RENTER. If a garment worn by the RENTER requires more than one dry cleaning 808 THREADS will withhold the value of the additional dry cleaning from the RENTER’S bond.
- If the RENTER fails to return the garment to 808 THREADS due to loss or theft, the RENTER is liable to reimburse 808 THREADS for the recommended retail price (RRP) of the garment. The cost of reimbursement shall come in addition to the hire fee and bond paid by the RENTER.
- Any bonds paid by the RENTER will be refunded within 1 week of the garment/s return to 808 THREADS once the garment has been deemed acceptable. It can take up to 5-7 business days for your bond to return into your account after 808 THREADS lodges the refund.
- Rented garments for pick-up/drop off in-store only shall be collected/returned by the RENTER or an acquaintance during times made available by 808 THREADS’ staff at our premises.
- For garments to be worn on the weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday), the RENTER shall return the garment by Monday close of business. For garments to be worn on weekdays (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday), the RENTER shall return the garment by close of business the following day.
- If the RENTER fails to return the garment within the terms outlined in Clause 9, 808 THREADS will withhold $15 from the bond paid for every day late. The RENTER will be liable to repay any additional late fees if these exceed the value of the bond held by 808 THREADS for previous late fees or repair costs incurred by 808 THREADS.
- 808 THREADS do not offer refunds on any pre-booked garments due to change of mind. 808 THREADS will offer a redeemable store credit for the value of the hire fee paid, which is valid for six months after the initial hire date. The RENTER will receive their bond (and postage if applicable) back if paid in advance for change of mind.
- For cancellations of pre-booked garments under extenuating circumstances to be determined by 808 THREADS, the RENTER may receive a refund of their hire fee. As in Clause 11, the RENTER shall receive their bond (and postage if applicable) back if paid in advance.
- 808 THREADS will allow 1 swap of garment per booking. If the RENTER’s new choice of garment is of higher value than the original garment choice, the difference must be paid by the RENTER. The difference will not be refunded by 808 THREADS to the RENTER if the new garment is of lesser value.
- If the RENTER does not wear the garment during their allocated hire period, they will remain liable for the disclosed hire fee as well as any damages (as in Clause 2).
- Any garments pre-booked which are deemed unwearable before the RENTER’s date will be given a full refund.
- Acceptance of returned garments by 808 THREADS does not constitute a waiver of any of the rights 808 THREADS has under these terms and conditions.
BOND TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The RENTER will pay 808 THREADS a bond when booking online or on pick-up of their garment if hire fee has been paid in-store.
- The bond paid by the RENTER will be fully refunded if the garment is returned in an acceptable condition as determined by 808 THREADS.
- If the garment is considered to be in a non-acceptable condition (examples as in Clause 2) by 808 THREADS, 808 THREADS reserves the right to withhold all, or a portion of, the bond paid by the RENTER. Once 808 THREADS has returned the garment to an acceptable condition using the bond, the RENTER shall be entitled to any of the bond that was unused by 808 THREADS.
- If excessive makeup stains, stains caused by fake tan, stains by any other substance, marks resulting from Hollywood or hemming tape, excessive odours, or evidence of pins being put in the garment are identified by 808 THREADS when the garment is returned, 808 THREADS has the discretion to withhold all, or a portion of, the bond paid by the RENTER.
- If the RENTER returns the garment without the same garment bag or hanger with which the garment was given to them, 808 THREADS will deduct $5 for each missing item from the renter’s bond.
SHIPPING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We offer postage of our garments Australia-wide. If the RENTER is booking a garment from interstate, the RENTER will be able to pay the hire fee, bond and shipping costs at the checkout. If the RENTER is booking in-store but need the dress shipped, the hire fee, bond and shipping costs are payable upon booking.
- To book any garment online or in-store with Express Shipping, the RENTER must pay the full hiring price of their selected garment, the bond and shipping costs upon checkout. No garments are held for dates without payment. Shipping address must be disclosed in-store at time of booking and online during checkout.
- Shipping costs are at the RENTER’S expense and are dependant on the RRP of the garment.
- Interstate hires can only select the ‘Express Return Shipping’ option. For this, each package sent by 808 THREADS includes an Express Australia Post return satchel which is pre-filled and included in the overall postage fee.
- Wednesday the last day for the RENTER to book a garment with Express shipping for that coming weekend.
- 808 THREADS do not provide signature on delivery for postage items. Packages may be left outside residences if no-one is home upon delivery. The RENTER is liable to any weather damage or goods being stolen from their property. The parcel tracking number will be provided to the RENTER via email notification to best track the delivery time.
- The RENTER must lodge their return over the counter at an Australia Post Office by Monday 4pm following the weekend of their hire. Midweek hires are to be posted back the day following the event by 4pm. For each day the lodgement of the return is late, 808 THREADS will deduct $15 from the bond. 808 THREADS has all tracking numbers for all parcels and are able to monitor the lodgement and status of any shipped products.
- For hires on and/or over public holidays, customers will be allowed to lodge the garment the next business day by 4pm without incurring any late fee.
- 808 THREADS will refund the RENTER’S bond within one week of receiving the parcel to evaluate the garment’s state (refer to Clause’s 2 & 3).